Sunday, November 23, 2008

SNOW!!!

We had LOTS of real snow today... powdery, fluffy snow perfect for snow men and snow balls and snow angels and all things that are snowy fun! It started coming down a bit this afternoon. Christian and I started on our trip to get groceries at about 4:30, but I ended up having to turn around and come home. There was a very thin covering of snow on the ground that I was worried about freezing after dark (5:30ish). As it turns out by 4:30 there was a much thicker blanket of snow covering absolutely everything, and it is still coming down as I type. Christian and I bundled up and played in the back yard instead. We threw snow balls and played tag, but his favorite game was making shoe prints in the snow that I would follow. Cliff joined us for about 15 minutes, but then he had to get back to his homework. Poor Cliff. After playing in the back for a while, we walked around the neighborhood. All the neighborhood kids were out throwing snow balls, making snow men (2), one had a sled and running around in general. Christian ran around with them for a while, and then we ran down the street and pretended to be trains in other people's tracks and made glove prints, and had a great time. It was so much fun! Then we came back inside for hot chocolate for me, tea for Christian and Christmas cartoons. Cliff came back down for dinner and has now joined us for a Charlie Brown Christmas. This was SO much better than grocery shopping. :)











1 comment:

Jenny L said...

How funny that you and Renee's last posts are both about snow. But entirely different kinds of snow. :)