Thursday, February 12, 2009

"NO"

We were chatting with Renee on MSN yesterday. When Renee sends a message, I read it to Christian. He usually types gibberish and sends it back to Renee. Sometimes I'll sneak in to type what he's saying in response. It's good fun for everyone.

Renee asked him if he had a good day and asked what his favorite part of the day was. I read it to him and he said, "No. Don't like it." I tried to remind him of the fun things we had done, but he wanted to tell her "No". I told him which letters to press to type "no". He was so proud of himself for typing a word, so that became his response to every question Renee asked. He was able to do it by himself from then on. He even answered "No" when Renee asked him if he liked ice cream. He thought that was particularly funny. He laughed about it again today.

This morning he asked to email Cliff. He typed "n0o" by himself. I didn't even have to remind him which letters to push. We had to have a talk about the difference between the letter "o" and the number "0", but I think he understands it. He started to learn the power of the shift key, too. That was a long convoluted story to say that he learned to spell and type his first word!! Yeah for Christian!! Have I mentioned how proud I am? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, Mr. Christian! Way to go on spelling the 'No".

When asked to mow
Christian said "no"

When asked if he wanted to go
Will Christian say "no"?

But when we come visit, we must confess that Christian will not spell no but learn to spell "yes".

Congrats, little one.
Grammy J and PawPaw

porchalyn said...

Smart boy! Grammie is proud of him as well. :)

Jenny L said...

Tell Christian nice job on the keyboarding skills!