Friday, August 17, 2007

VBS

Christian and I had vacation bibe school this week. It was a first for both of us. He did GREAT in the nursery, even though he usually naps in the morning. His teacher, Laura, did a wonderful job with he kids. At that age they are just supposed to babysit, but she had planned activities changing every 20 minutes or so to keep them entertained. She did all of that despite having a sick husband and two sick children at home. They planted flowers, had a "shopping" trip and lots of art projects. The volunteers were so good with him. He only cried for the last part of one day, even though he was exhausted by the time I picked him up. I was very proud of him.

I was a teacher with 5 kids in my group. They were fun kids. I had 2 brothers in kindergarten - they were a handful, but very sweet. I had two best friends in 3rd grade. They knew eachother in the states before moving here and live next door to each other now. They're both cheerleaders, so that really helped when we had to come up with a team cheer. :) I had another 3rd grade boy. He was amazing at memorizing his scripture verses. He only had to see them for a minute or so, and then he was able to repeat them for the rest of the week. I really enjoyed being a part of that. :)

No comments: