Monday, February 4, 2008

Carnival

So the children's party in GK yesterday wasn't really a children's party. When we got close to the party tent Christian wanted me to hold him. He was a little nervous, but he was okay if I was holding him. That was unfortunate, because his boots tend to fall off when I'm holding him. I noticed a lot of kids in costume running around, so we went ahead and went inside. It was nothing but beer, brots, VERY loud music and adults dancing and lots of smoke. Christian did not like it at all. On top of that a strange man kept wanting to stroke Christian's face. Weird. So, we went ahead and left.






We tried again today with a parade in Gangelt. It was a lot of fun. The Coles from around the corner, her husband also TDY, joined me and Christian at the Sherinian's house. The 10 of us walked into Gangelt from there. The kids ran around and played while we waited for the parade to start (which took quite a while). The parade itself was a lot of fun. A lot of the floats were pulled by tractors, which Christian was particularly excited about. A fire truck was at the beginning and end - another high point for Christian. They threw all kinds of things - lots of candy, of course, pens, brushes, flowers, matches... I thought the matches were an especially nice touch for the kids. :) Unfortunately as I was poised to take a photo of the first float, my camera battery died. Boooo. So, this is the only picture I have to share.

No comments: