Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!

We went to the GK Elementary School Spaghetti Fest for Valentine's Day. It's an annual fund raiser they do to offset the cost of their year book. The highlight event has participants from base who have a no hands spaghetti eating cost. They also had a similar contest with some of the students. That's not really why we went. More importantly, they had a lovely spaghetti dinner for all of us. There was a bake sale with fantastic desserts for 50 cents. They had a variety of events for the kids. Cliff and I didn't talk to anyone about it, but as it turns out quite a few of our friends were there, too. Christian was able to run around a little bit. The highlight for me was the display of their science fair projects. They were so cute! One of the projects asked, "Does food coloring make colors?". The conclusion - "It makes colors". :) The point of the project was mixing secondary colors from primary colors, but I thought it was very funny. There was another project that tested different types of bread to see which one grew mold the fastest. Their conclusion - "My hypothesis was wrong. I thought white bread would mold the fastest, but the potato bread did. So, if you buy potato bread you have to eat it really fast!". That made me laugh, too. We had a good time. I hope all of you enjoyed your Valentine's Day, too!!

No comments: