Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Running at the track

Christian and I went to check our mail this afternoon, and just happened to be on base while Cliff was at football practice. He practices at the track, which has soccer goals on the field inside the track. When we went to Cliff's first practice we took chips and drinks (healthy chips and drinks) to have while we watched, and a soccer ball to play with. Now he thinks we need chips when we go. Anyway, while we were there today there were two guys running around the track, Cliff's group practicing football and a group of girls practicing soccer. Christian LOVED it. We watched Cliff for a while. Christian noted that Cliff helped a guy up that fell down. Then he decided we should exercise, too. He wanted to "run around the track like daddy". I convinced him to play chase on the grass outside the track instead so that we were out of everyone's way. He fell down a couple of times, and when I picked him up he said, "Just like daddy". Isn't that sweet? A little later we ran one straight part of the track, and then Cliff's practice was over. When Cliff came over to us (I had to call him and he had to drive back - he didn't see us there) Christian ran to the track with him. He switched between the lanes and then went right behind Cliff and said, "I want to run with you daddy, because I love you". Such a sweet boy. :) He did enjoy the track. We ran around the whole thing once, and he was moderately interested in going around again. He actually started around again, but was lured off the track with water. I really think they should have track for this age group.

1 comment:

Johnnie and Debbie said...

Love to hear about the everyday events in your life. Sure can see the effects of modeling! When does his soccer begin and is he still enjoying school? Grammy and PawPaw