Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Birthday Invitations
Christian is turning 3 in just a few days - I can't believe it! He's growing too fast. We've started planning his birthday party, which has been lots of fun. If everything works out and the weather cooperates, it's going to be a sand & construction theme. His big birthday present is going to be a sandbox. I think he'll be so excited to have one at home! :) We made his birthday invitations this year. For those of you that are too far away to attend, here are some pictures of them. There is a pail & shovel invitation, a dump truck invitation, and we even made the envelopes to help contain the glitter. He got to use scissors, glue, glitter and tape. Lucky day. :) I'm not very crafty. I literally got a headache trying to figure out what to do, but I think they turned out cute. He chose all of the colors. There is a lot of pink. He also wanted all of the shovels to match the pails and most of the envelopes match, too. He cut out some of the dump truck dumpers and some of the straight parts of the pail and shovel, and all of the dump truck invitation information pieces. He did a lot of the glueing - until he got bored of the glue. He did the glitter. He also helped tape about half of the envelopes. It was hard to keep his attention all 10 invitations, but he did pretty good. He enjoyed most of the process. :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You look pretty crafty to me. Those are cute invitations. You should do a how-to kids' craft blog post...or addition to a kids' blog post.
Tell me when you get his present. It isn't wrapped as I didn't see where the gift wrap option was, but it will come in a nice box...so that can add to his sandbox fun.
I am impressed with your individuality. You both did an excellent job of being creative. Is there any way you can save one and send it to me? Also, I will mail your TDL and stuff along with his present. G and P
Post a Comment