Today was a really fun day. It started with Christian going to school. He had a great time. I was a bit dismayed to find him unsupervised near the "construction" room. I'll need to chat with Miss Anaka about that on Friday. I asked Christian why he was there. He said "I needed some space.". Where did he get that from?!? I did laundry, cleaned out the car... not so fun stuff, and chatted with Geradito for a bit. He was up waaay too late. Then Christian and I made tuna salad together for sandwiches. He really enjoyed that and ate well. Then it was nap time. I did some laundry and had vague plans of mowing the lawn, but ended up taking a nap, too. I haven't been feeling so well, so the sleep was nice. When Christian woke up we had plans of running errands, but he convinced me to make a train track instead. MUCH more fun. :) He had a very clear plan of what he wanted - a train to go from his room, under his bed, through the hall to mommy and daddy's room. So that's what we did.

He made it go under the hamper. He likes tunnels.

I had to put some blocks under
it so the train could fit through the tunnel.


Going through his room into the hallway.
...down the hallway

...into mommy and daddy's room.
He usually ends up on those green and yellow
body pillows in the morning.

Then it was time for some serious cooking.
We cooked some eggplant from his Elmo cookbook.

He had a lot of fun. First he dipped it in the egg/water mixture.
He cracked the egg himself perfectly. No eggshells fell in or anything.
Then he measured the 1 Tbsp of water mostly by himself and mixed that in.

His favorite part by far was dipping it in the Italian bread crumbs.
He burried it and rolled it around and made sure they were nicely coated. :)

It takes a lot of concentration.

The proud chef. :)

The finished product. It was delicious! Even Cliff liked it. :)

After dinner, Cliff and Christian had some play time. Cliff got home late last night,
so they didn't get much time to play yesterday. They had a lot of fun.

There was lots of laughing over there. :)
1 comment:
Looks like we have a chef in the making. Chef LaTrain can be his name and making tunnels will be his game. Over the laundry and under the ark, choo-choo - ding-ding to the bedroom park.
ps - Glad you got to use your construction engineering skills - never know when it will come in handy. Gram and PawPaw
Post a Comment