Monday, March 3, 2008

Jen's 31st Birthday

I had such a wonderful birthday! It was a day of surprises. Thank you everybody who took the time to call or send me an email or IM. :) It made my day.

Starting with Sunday night, when I had a surprise phone call from Debbie, Johnnie and Harold. Very clever of them to call the day before my birthday to make it a surprise... and make sure they had time to call with their work schedules and the time difference. They were officially the first people to wish me a Happy Birthday. :)

Then, a lovely phone call from the Landas and my parents just before midnight (while Renee was still only 30). Just the sort of stunt one would expect from a LITTLE sister. :)

Then, I woke up to singing from my family and a picture of birthday presents to come! (Take a look at the Landa's blog. There is a link on the left.) Christian and I watched it over and over again. I felt really special that you took the time to do that for me. :)

To add to that, I had some very nice emails and IMs from friends. I felt very loved even half a world away. :) Thanks everybody!

Christian and I spent the afternoon with Mette and Mats. Mats is just a couple of months older than Christian - they play really well together. Mette surprised me with a homemade birthday cake with candles and everything. Isn't that sweet? :) Then we had a delicious dinner at China Garten. (I didn't get any red peppers, Cory.) Christian likes it there, because he can watch trains go by one window, and cars drive by the other windows. Fun for everybody. Just before we left, the waitress brought us special drinks, lollipops for the boys and gave me a very cute expresso cup and plate in honor of my birthday.

Unfortunately the day ended with a pretty bad headache that Renee lovingly shared with me. I felt better as soon as I went to sleep though. :)

1 comment:

Valancy said...

Sounds like lots of fun! :)